Hello friends. It has been a while. Sorry about that. Aine and I have been crazy busy and this is what our life have been like since December:
- Personal: I lost 35 pounds and still on my weight-loss journey - I am basically a Paleo person now! It is tough but it is so well worth it and I am so happy I made this decision. It is so much fun finding recipes that I can eat. Remember friends, carbs and sugar are bad!
- Awesomeness: Please take a moment to Bring Home Finley. Everyone knows Martha right? Well she and her hubby are awesome parents to a little girl named Chen Chen and they are adopting another little girly called Finley. December of 2011, we brought our daughter Chen Chen home from Shaanxi Province in China. Upon returning home we knew immediately that we would be returning to China for a brother or sister for her one day. We kept waiting and waiting for the perfect time and finally in the fall of 2014 stepped out in faith to begin the adoption process again. In February of 2015 while completing our home study we were matched with our 4 year old daughter who is from Inner Mongolia! After months (and months!) of paperwork we are finally getting ready to travel and will meet her in mid November in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia. All funds raised will go towards the final expenses involved in bringing her home. We are super excited and feel incredibly blessed to be traveling this road again! Thank you for being a part of our journey to bring Finley Grace home. I am crazy excited about this. So please support this amazing family!
- Home: I have a new SOFA! YEA! I am now addicted to all things Stickley. Aine's banishment from the sofa lasted all of 6 hours. *sigh* Now the next big step is redoing my kitchen - however that has to wait for a bit. I mean, it took me a long time to find the perfect sofa - can you imagine doing a kitchen? Basically anyone who knows design - please help me!
- Royal Watching: Kate and William had Charlotte and Prince George is the cutest little 2 year old ever. Kate and Wills if you are listening, can you publish an updated photo of Charlotte? We need it.
- Pug: Aine now has a jog stroller. Yes. I am one of those people now. But let me tell you, it is the best when I go on my walks because Aine's little legs only can take a mile walk. Therefore, in order to get in more exercising, I had to think out of the box - hence the jog stroller was bought! Oh, and Aine loves being carted around like the princess that she is.
- Family - I have helped coordinate a reunion and now in the midst of doing my Mom's family genealogy. It.is.facinating. We are now in the 1725, New Hampshire. SO much fun!
- Art: You will see a reoccurring theme here: relaxing. Still love needle felting, however I started getting into knitting and am still a horrible knitter but it is so r.e.l.a.x.i.n.g. Also I am now into Adult coloring books are way to much fun and r.e.l.a.x.i.n.g too. Oh and I have officially given up creating cards, I now go to my cousin's card class and she teaches me how to do it. It is so much more fun, especially when I am not good at measuring. Sewing- Frannie the amazing dress mannequin has helped me through two new apron's for the nieces and nephews. So much fun!
I think that has about caught you all up. I am now prepping Aine to go to a Chicago Pug Party. Little one needs to wake up from nappies. awes.
XOXO Nan and Aine